Pasta Dough Recipe from the Sunset Breeze Chefs
13 April 2017 Rocking Recipes
500g strong flour
5 large eggs – room temp
Pinch of salt
Material: pasta machine (if you don’t have it a good rolling pin and strong arms will do)
1. Take a large bowl and sift the flour and salt inside. Make a well in the middle.
2. Break the eggs inside.
3. Take a fork and mix the eggs in. Ditch the fork and start kneading with your hands. Remove the dough from the bowl and set it on a clean surface. Knead hard for about 10-15 minutes for the gluten to start working and for the dough to become elastic. Cover with cling film and let it rest half an hour in the fridge.
4. Set your pasta machine if you have one, if not take a rolling pin and have some extra flour on hand.
5. Separate the dough into 5 small balls and leave the rest 4 in the fridge covered in cling film.
6. If you have a pasta machine put the dough through each measure (from 0 to 5) three times each. If not start rolling the dough carefully as thin as you can. Use flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
7. If you have a machine put the thin dough through a cutter – for tagliatelle, spaghetti, or leave some sheets for lasagna. Let these air dry for a few hours. Take a tray, sprinkle flour and place the pasta on it. Pop it in the freezer.
8. When pasta is frozen pop it into little bags and use it for your favourite recipes. I also used the pasta sheets to make ravioli. It is very versatile and it has an amazing taste.
Because you will deal with fresh pasta you will need to boil it just a few minutes, like 3 to 4, until it is ready.
Sunset Breeze Restaurant and Lounge