Choux Pastry – Profiteroles
4 July 2016 Rocking Recipes
Serves around 6-8
100g butter – chopped and room temperature
Pinch of salt
2 pinches of sugar
150g flour – sifted
200g egg (4-5 eggs) – mix with fork
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Prepare 2 oven pans by greasing them with butter then sticking baking paper on top, so it does not slip.
2. Take a pan and place the water, butter salt and sugar inside. When butter is melted mix with a wooden spoon. Have the flour by the stove. When the water is boiling add the flour and mix thoroughly so there are no clumps of flour. Take off the stove after 1-2 minutes.
3. Put the hot mixture in a large bowl to cool down. When a bit cooler add the eggs gradually and mix thoroughly to incorporate them.
4. Place the mixture in a bag and cut one corner, or if you have a piping bag just place a plain nozzle and pipe them on the oven trays. I chose to pipe circles, in order to make profiteroles.
5. Place in the oven to bake for around 20-30 minutes until golden and puffy. Transfer them onto a rack to cool down. At this point you can choose to make holes into them and fill them with cream or cut them in half and fill them with tiny ice cream scoops in order to create a delicious profiterole dessert!
It is very easy to make and it looks spectacular as a dessert! Especially the profiteroles are lovely in the hot Cypriot summers!
Sunset Breeze Restaurant and Lounge