Cauliflower au Gratin
12 May 2016 Rocking Recipes
Since the holidays have passed and we stuffed ourselves with various and delicious meats and desserts maybe it is time to try some lighter dishes. I chose to use cauliflower but this recipe also works well with broccoli, if you prefer it.
1 large cauliflower – washed and cut into florets
300g yoghurt or sour cream
50g cheddar, or you can just use more Feta 100g breadcrumbs A knob of butter Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Turn the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Steam/boil the cauliflower for s few minutes, then cool it under cold water and drain very well.
3. Mix the eggs with the yoghurt/sour cream, then add the crumbled Feta and keep on mixing until it is all a thick paste. Season if needed.
4. Brush the oven pan with butter and then coat it with breadcrumbs. They absorb any moisture from the cauliflower making the dish lovely and juicy.
5. Mix the cauliflower gently with the cheese paste and place it in the oven pan. Sprinkle some more Feta or cheddar and some breadcrumbs, for a lovely crust. Place in the oven for about 40 mins until golden and crunchy on the outside.
It goes pretty well with a green salad!
P.S.: I could not take a photo with the finished product since everyone dug in pretty quickly 🙂