2 April 2016 Rocking Recipes
8 bell-peppers – hollowed out
1kg minced beef (silverside or leg – with some fat inside)
1 bunch of parsley – chopped
1 bunch of dill – chopped
1 large red onion – chopped
2 cans of tomato cubes
5-6 bay leafs
1 tablespoon paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Turn the oven on to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Take a pan and put it on high heat – add olive oil and saute the onion. Place in a large bowl and chill.
3. When the onion is cold add the meat, the spices and seasoning. Mix very well.
4. Arrange the bell peppers snugly like cups, in a deep pan, or like me in a cast iron skillet. Fill them with the meat mixture.
5. Pour the tomato cans in the pan ober the filled bell peppers and add some water. Add bay leafs.
6. Cover the pan and place on the hob. Keep it on until it simmers. Move the pan and in the oven and leave it in for about 1 hour, until the meat is cooked.
Let it rest for about half an hour.
This dish is best served with fresh bread and yoghurt (or sour cream).
Sunset Breeze Restaurant and Lounge