13 April 2016 Rocking Recipes
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 cup water, plus an additional tablespoon or two if needed
Grated cheese – I chose Gouda & Parmesan
5-6 table spoons Tomato Puree
Everything is optional and depending on your preference and dietary issues
We had some olives, bacon and mushrooms
After it was baked we topped it up with some Roka Salad from our mini-garden
1. Sieve all dry ingredients into a large bowl and add the water in a well made in the middle. Knead slowly, or use a kitchen aid if you have one, until dough is coming together. If it is too dry feel free to add a teaspoon of water.
2. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in a warm place, it is very easy to do so in Cyprus 🙂
3. Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
4. When the dough doubled in size flour your counter and scrape dough out. Knead it, stretch it and and beat the air out of it, and make it into small balls, which you can refrigerate for up to 3 days, or into a large singular one. If you are going to use the dough then roll it into a sheet.
5. Place the rolled dough into an oven pan. Spread tomato puree and cheese on top. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until puffed up. Take pizza out and add the rest of the toppings. Bake until gold and crispy.
Voila! Pizza is ready and you got yourself the perfect lazy day type of food!
Sunset Breeze Restaurant and Lounge