6 April 2016 Rocking Recipes
This recipe is an easy one with very few ingredients, commonly found in your cupboard and fridge, so you can pretty much make this dessert whenever you have a craving.
250g digestive biscuits – crush into crumbs
6tbsp melted butter
1kg cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
240g (1 cup) Greek yoghurt
200g (1 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 eggs, room temperature
Pinch of salt
Lemon zest from 1 or 2 lemons
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Take a 10 inch (26cm) springform pan, butter it and place a baking paper circle on the bottom. Prepare the crust by mixing the biscuit crumbs with the butter, then press the mixture on the bottom of the pan. Bake until golden.
2. Decrease the oven temperature to 150 degree Celsius.
3. Prepare the cream cheese filling by mixing in a bowl the cheese until smooth, add sugar, cornstarch and salt and mix again.
4. Add eggs to the mixture one by one until incorporated. Add vanilla extract and lemon zest.
5. Pour the mixture in the springform pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cake to rest for another hour or so. Run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Place the cake in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
This recipe is easy to make and it goes well with any topping. We usually use strawberries. We even make it in individual pans and we usually get around 8 to 10 desserts.
Sunset Breeze Restaurant & Lounge